Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It is I again!!! Told you I didn't have a lot of time to write! I'm going to do a quick update. So hubby is STILL laid off. He had an interview 2 weeks ago and they were supposed to call last week, but so far we've heard nothing. So I guess it ain't looking good! There just isn't anything out there right now. He checks the job bank daily and nothing! He's an excellent stay at home dad though :) He's not thrilled w/ it, but he does a great job! He's a bit stir crazy! Bama is completely loving having his daddy around more. And as if he wasn't bad enough before, he's turned into a complete daddy's boy now! When hubby has to go somewhere I get to hear "I need daddy!" in this pitiful voice for the rest of the night! It makes me smile though to see how much he loves his daddy :) He's not going to be happy when he returns to work though. I'm actually enjoying him staying home as well. My work has been soooooo crazy busy that I work late the 3 days I go in the office and it's nice to come home and him have everything under control. Now don't get me wrong, I have to call and be like feed bama, give him a bath, have him ready for bed, etc. etc. or he'll just sit around waiting on me to come home and do it, but he's getting better about just doing it. And the 2 days I work at home he is seriously coming in handy. I don't know how i'll do it when he goes back to work. Work has me totally stressed out these days, but I'm just glad to have a job! And suprisingly, we have more money now than we have in a long, long time! We use to live paycheck to paycheck and now it's like the money is just there! Before when he was working by the 2nd of our 2 week pay period I was transferring money out of savings into checking until we got paid and then putting it back in savings once we got paid. Now, i hardly even check the bank cause I know we are fine. It's weird. We cut out all extra spending the second we found out he was getting laid off so we had a small cushion saved up. And of course we are saving freaking $450 a month on gas that he isn't using, but still. I can't figure out where all this cash is coming from. I figure if he doesn't find something pretty soon though it will run out. I miss eating out though bad!!!! REALLY BAD! Dh might can take care of bama, but bless him he cannot cook! And I hate working til freaking 8pm and coming home and cooking supper. Which makes a huge mess that I don't want to clean it up! He has mastered spaghetti and chili though...woot woot!

So the main reason I was writing was because I had some bama things I wanted to get down. So bama has to have sassy (aka paci), lamby, cup, and his CARS book for bed. The other night i came in from work and was sitting on the couch. Bama was sitting next to me and he said "Play w/ me!" and I told him that mommy was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly tired. He started rubbing my back and looking at me all concerned and said "you need sassy???" I told him no I didnt need sassy, but thank you! He then grabbed me by the hand and said "let's go nite nite!" and led me to his bed. He covered me up and started walking out of the door and popped his head back in and said "you need cup???" I again told him no thank you! He left, ran to the living room, ran right back and said "you need lamby?" I said "yes please!" He thought about it a minute and said "no, lamby mine!!!" So i told him to bring me puppy instead. So he gave me the puppy off his shelf along w/ 3 other glass puppies that sit on his shelf. He started out the door again and I said "BAMA! I need CARS book!" He said "Oh, ok!" and gave me the book. Then I said "I need a kiss!" Here recently after we read the CARS book and say our prayers and I give him goodnight kiss I have started saying "anywhere else?" and he'll point to several more places he needs kisses. Each time I'll say "anywhere else?" Well the kid freaking did that to me!!!! He kissed my cheek and said "anywhere else?" I pointed to my forehead and he kissed it and said "anywhere else?" OMG...i already thought he was the sweetest thing for trying to take care of me and offering me the things he needs for sleep...but to do my "anywhere else" thing! Man, this kid owns my heart! Could he be any sweeter???? And I'm just amazed that he did all these things! When did he get so big!! How did he get so thoughtful?? OMG, I can not explain to you the love I felt for this child when he did all this! It made my day!!!! I had to get that on paper so I never forget it!

What else is new? I'm trying to potty train...ugh! I'm not digging it so far! He other night he peed in the potty a couple times so I went out and bought some CARS underwear for him. I thought he would be stoked to wear his big boy underwear. But he only wanted to wear them on his head (insert eye roll here!). He didn't even want to put them on. I finally convinced him though. Then later that night he told me he had to poopie!!! So we both ran and jumped on the potty (he said "mommy go poopie too!" so I wasn't going to argue). He strained and strained and I was getting worried he was going to pass out or choke or something because he is sick and he would strain and not breathe and then choke...it was craziness. Anyway, so each time he would strain, he would try to stand up and look to see if he pooped. Then he kept trying to stick his hand in there. I was getting so frustrated! "Bama, don't put your hand down there!" "Bama, sit down and poop!" "Bama, you can see it when you are done!" "Bama, you have to sit down to poop!" "Bama, don't touch your butt while you are pooping!" Ugh! And he would strain a minute and then want toliet paper to wipe! Only he's not good at wiping. He finally managed to squirt out a few itty bitty terds (sorry...how's that for TMI) and I handed him some toliet paper and instead of wiping his butt, he's wiping the poop out of the potty! Let's just say it was waaaaaaaaaay more of a hassle than a freaking diaper! I know it's something I have to do though. And I wasn't letting on I was frustrated and we did the "poopie in the potty" dance and all. He did a great job and I was proud of him...but dude this sucks!

Oh and he is talking sooooo much now! Oh another funny story! The other day daddy was changing his diaper and hie penis was hard (again, sorry TMI) and he said "It big!" ROFL!!!! Dude he cracks me up! And he's been sleeping in his big boy bed for months now. Did I tell you that! He's in a big boy bed!!!!!!!!! That was a hard transition.......for ME! I could have cried! When did he get soooo big????? Anyway, I'm sure there are other things he's been doing I need to get on paper so I don't forget, but it's getting late and I need to get in bed.

So there is my update for the month! PEACE!

No comments: