Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blessed

Well, I guess this is my frist entry...and it's a heavy one. I would have liked to started out w/ something a bit different, but oh well. I never have the time to write, but tonight i just need to get this on paper. So I decided tonight would be my lazy night. Not that most other nights aren't my lazy nights as well, but I don't usually plan those. Tonight was a planned lazy night. I worked super late and came home just in time to feed my baby dinner, get him a bath, tickle him for a few minutes, then put him to bed. For supper tonight we had what I call an egg sandwich. That would be toasted bread w/ mayo, eggs, cheese, and bacon. And suprisingly hubby LOVED it...and asked me to make him another which meant washing the dishes I had already discarded in the sink. Oh well...it's not often he asks for seconds. I don't know if my cooking just sucks or what, but anyway I was proud of myself and my egg sandwich. I then plopped myself down on the couch and ended up watching Paris Hiltons My New BFF of all things. I swore I would soooo not be suckered into watching that garbage. Hubby went off to bed at 10pm as usual and I of course was not ready for bed. So I decided I would catch up on some Days of Our Lives that I haven't watched in FOREVER. Just my luck...it wasn't on tonight for some reason. Extreme Makeover Home Edition caught my eye so that's what I've been watching for the past hour that got me all emotional. This family had lost their house in a fire and were living in a camper. 5 of them...living in a camper. Their dog had ran away after the fire and apparently they pretty much lost their farm which was their income. The looks on these kids faces when they saw their new house was just...what's the word...heartwrenching. When I watch stuff like that it makes me realize just how blessed I am. I mean I know I'm blessed and I think God for that everyday...but I mean I'm REALLY blessed! I have the most amazing husband in the world who loves me unconditionally...even when he comes home from a hard day at work and the house is a disaster and my hair is all greasy cause I haven't showered yet and there's no food on the table. He loves me...and tells me he'll give me $5 to go take a shower. I love his sense of humor. And my baby boy...there are simply no words...NONE...that could describe the mark this child has left on my heart. Why on earth God chose me to be this precious little boys mother is just beyond me...but I am so thankful. He smiles from the second he wakes up until bedtime. Seriously...like when I go his room to wake him up in the mornings so we can leave he goes from dead sleep to smiles instantly. Not at all grouchy like his mama when she wakes up. We'll come back to him in a minute but let me keep going. Our families. Not just mine...OUR families. We both have the absolute best families in the world. Even extended family like aunts and uncles and cousins...we simply could not have asked for anything more. We are just surrounded by love. And don't even get me started on friends. Me and girls go way, way back. And let's not leave out the one who made all this possible...GOD. God is good! So tonight I am just completely overwhelmed w/ how blessed my life is. I don't know what I ever did to deserve it, but I'm so thankful for it. FYI...You'll notice i never say "lucky"...I'm not lucky, I'm blessed. So anyway, this is something I've been putting off and I couldn't think of better time to just sit down and write so that's what I'm doing. I started this thing because I want to remember every single moment I have w/ Bama. My memory just flat out sucks so i thought I would just start blogging and then I'll have it here to go back and read whenever I want. My plan was to kinda update it daily, but it's taken me a few weeks since i created the thing to even make this first entry...but I'm gonna try to do better.So let's talk a bit about my baby boy. He is 2 years, 3 months right now. This kid...he sooooo got his daddy's sense of humor...THANK GOD. I try to be funny sometimes, but I think I suck royally at it. So his sense of humor was one thing I prayed he would inherit from hubby. That and his dark complexion...is that how you spell that? I've always had a hard time w/ that one. Anyway, and his nose. I prayed sooooooooooooooo hard he would get hubbys nose cause let's face it...mine ain't pretty. Well...God answered 2 of my prayers. He got the sense of humor and complexion. And I'll have you know that when he was born I heard over and over again "OMG...he looks JUST LIKE his daddy...except he's got your nose!" The one thing I didn't want him to inherit from me, he got. He looked like me in NO OTHER WAY than his freaking nose. Personally though, I don't see my nose when I look at him. I think his nose is absolutely perfect in every way. Ok, i'm going way OT here...let me get back to the point. He is so dang funny. He just cracks me up all day long. It could be because he laughs all day...laughter is contagious. He started this new thing now where when we go to brush his teeth he tries to spit in the sink like we do. It's hilarious cause he don't really know how to spit, but he tries. And he is sooooo well mannered. He says "thanks" all day long. And it's so stinking cute. Everything he says is cute cause he has the cutest little voice. His favorite words right now are thanks, yes, what's that, mommy, daddy...and poot, lol. Everytime he hears one he gets this huge grin on his face and says "what' that? Poot?" and then cracks up. OK, maybe that's not so well mannered, but we taught him that so what I can say. What else is he doing these days. He's thisclose to learning how to ride his tricycle. He actually "knows" how to do it, but prefers just pushing it w/ his feet cause he can go faster. It's amazing how excited I can get by seeing him pedal that thing for a few seconds though. He's just getting sooooo big. Just last month we moved him to a big boy bed. Well, it's actually just a mattress on the floor, but it's a big step. I'm too afraid to put him in a real bed for now cause I'm afraid he'll fall out. I figured i would have issues w/ him not staying in it though and never going to sleep or getting up in the middle of night playing or something, but nope. He stays put. He won't even attempt to get up...just like he didn't attempt to get out of his crib. He just sits up and hollars for me. So yeah, my little 4lb baby is now sleeping in a big boy bed, riding a tricycle, and laughing at poots. Time flies. At his 2 year appointment he weighed 26 Lbs. and was 35.5" tall.So YAH for my first entry. I feel so much better just getting all that out there. I'm sure it's not interesting to anyone but me, but I don't care. This was for my own personal benefit so if you don't like reading it, then don't. LOL...it's midnight and I just heard bama's little lamb he sleeps w/ everynight start talking. He must of rolled over on it. Alright, that's all for now. I'm heading to bed. More ramblings from me on the way...one day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to start your blog. LOVE IT!

Deny said...

Oh I love it! You can just see the love pouring out of that first entry!! Great start! Can't wait to read more!